This fund was established by the family of Kenneth G. Kirk, in his memory, and to honor his wife, Patricia E. for their boundless energy and dedication as educators in the Dallas School District. Lifelong learners and educators, they were passionate about educating students and providing opportunities for growth and advancement. This scholarship will be awarded annually to Dallas High School graduating seniors pursuing an education or business degree with preference given to a student attending Bloomsburg University or Penn State University.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a graduating senior from Dallas High School, PA.
- First preference will be given to students enrolling at Bloomsburg University or Penn State University, followed by any Pennsylvania state school of education, as well as Luzerne County Community College.
- Should be pursuing a degree in education or business.
- Must have maintained a 3.0 GPA during the last two years in high school.
- Must show proven and consistent participation in community service and/or church/religious activities.
- Must show demonstrated financial need.