Donated: 0% / $10,000.00
Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Who should apply? Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must reside in the geographic area served by the Jim Thorpe School District. However, the student may attend any public, private or parochial high school, as well as “home schooled students,” who have satisfied the requirements for a high school diploma.
- The applicant must pursue advanced post high school education at a recognized university, college, career training center, vocational training institution, etc.
- The applicant must show a consistent history of community volunteerism and/or work experience during his/her high school years.
- The applicant must complete the full Frank Pasdon Memorial Scholarship application and provide requested letters of reference from two or more non-family members.
- The applicant must submit a brief essay on why this scholarship is important to him/her and how it might help them achieve their long-term life goals.
- The successful applicant must remain a student in good standing and maintain a minimum 2.75 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 scale.
This Fund was established in loving memory of Frank Pasdon by family and friends to honor his legacy and to provide scholarships to deserving students in the Greater Jim Thorpe Area. This is the Pasdon family’s way to say “thank you” to the community for their loyal patronage of Jim Thorpe Market.